8.11.2009

CAFE AEBY IS CLOSING

To all Cafe patrons and friends,

I am sorry to announce we will be closing the doors to the restaurant on August 29 for good. It has been a wonderful seven years, and we are grateful for all of you who have supported us and the restaurant.

Unfortunately, due to the current times, our business has been cut in half and is no longer financially viable. I wish I could name each and every one of you who has touched my heart, made me laugh and challenged me to try to be the best. The restaurant has changed so much since day one, and so many of you kept right there with us. To all of you, I sincerely thank you for your faithfulness.

We will be open for two more weeks, so you can still come in one last time and enjoy yourselves. I will be doing a few special dinners and cooking classes. Stay tuned to the blog for final event postings.

I will miss having the restaurant and having you to pour my soul into. Simply said, I will miss cooking for you.

All our love and appreciation,
Chris, Krystal and the rest of the Cafe Aeby family 

2 comments:

Earlene Caldwell said...

Jeff and I are very sad. Thanks for all of the memories: birthdays, anniversaries, and even lunch with our then future son-in-law when he visited to ask for our daughter's hand.

Most of all, thanks for the gifts of your creativity with the food experience and flawless execution in service found nowhere else in Corpus Christi.

Best of luck and blessings on whatever new adventures you find!

The Caldwell Family

Annalilly said...

John and I will dearly miss your restaurant. Even though we now live in DFW, we both still fondly think of you both, the restaurant, your wonderful staff, and of course, Chris' amazing food. Our very first date was at Lavender, and I still remember everything that we were served those four years ago. A thousand happy blessings for your new adventures.

...Think about opening a restaurant up here. I know some photographers that you could count as regulars. :)